About Me 2019

Progressive boredom, an interesting title isn’t it? How can something proactive be created from a dull and quiet place that most people despise? My idea of progressive boredom is not just dealing with boredom like you would normally do; instead of utilizing your distaste for monotony to push you to go outside of your schedule, learn something new, or take risks to combat the feeling of boredom. I strongly believe in this and I constantly work to change boring things like school or life in general, to an exciting. So, without further ado, my life.

“The name’s Parkins, Jimmy Parkins.”

My names Jimmy. Not James, Jim, or any other nickname, mature or not. While I don’t mind if you call me by any nickname (other than James or Jimmy Kimmel) it’s going to stay Jimmy because I don’t really care if you think its immature or not. After all, you only care when you choose to, which is why taking risks is pretty easy for me. The advantage of apathy is it allows me to adapt easily. I can fit into any role or position like liquid in a bowl and I’m able to also learn quickly because of this. I strive to do more, push myself to go past what seems to be safe, because staying in the same zone will get you nowhere but places you’ve already been. To stand still is alien to me, and when you come to know me the sound of tapping feet or pen drumming will become very familiar. I don’t care for “stopping to smell the roses”, I’d much rather find a huge field of roses that I can run through.

“Whoa dude, slow down”

I’m not a fan of being emotional, especially explaining something and going in depth in emotions. It’s just kind of hard for me, I don’t pay mind to emotions or fears and I think that helps me grow with confidence. If I don’t delve into the fact I’m sad or angry, it passes over a lot quicker. Also, I should probably mention that I’m not arrogant, I don’t believe everyone else is wrong; I’m too busy focusing on my own crap to care about other methods of doing things. After all, accepting other points of view is another way to learn. Its this constant growth mindset that keeps me from getting bored and makes it easy for me to adapt. I get things done quick and decent, and I love to rant. So you’ll probably become familiar with that the more you read my blogs, so if you can, try to keep up.

https://giphy.com/gifs/thinking-nog-thinker-3o7abB5iC7B15SqD72

8 thoughts on “About Me 2019

1. Dear Jimmy,

I absolutely loved the philosophical and pondering tone and style to your piece. The way you presented yourself in a sort of “this is who i am so deal with it” vibe was very interesting. I also like how you compared your brain to a sponge, which is true for most teenagers. As far as improvement, at times the amount of commas you had were a bit overbearing. I would suggest making your sentences less complex. Besides that, I quite enjoyed reading about you.

Sincerely, Savannah

1. Dear Savannah,
      First of all, the obvious thanks for reading my post and commenting. I appreciate the feedback you gave, and I agree looking back that there was a bit to many commas/ run on sentences. That is what my main struggle is with writing, and I’m currently working on making my sentences less complex. Thanks for the feed back!

-Jimmy

2. Wow, Jimmy I loved the way you described your personality in such a descriptive way. How you presented yourself to be bold and audacious but still humble and respectful was pretty cool and interesting. Progressive boredom is an interesting title even though I do not completely understand the meaning of it, I do love that you care for adventure and stepping outside of your boundaries because it makes life more worthwhile.

Something you should work on is making your paragraphs shorter because reading all those sentences clumped together makes one lose interest and also you should make your sentences include less commas.

Other than that it was very interesting to read your ‘about me’ you and I look forward to reading more of your work because it was unique, the way you wrote, and also because I didn’t think that you were a writer but its nice to see that you are.

1. Dear Ayesha,
      Thanks for reading my post, and don’t worry, I’m going to try to make the title make more sense through my writing down the road. I also agree with your feedback on my constant run on sentences, and I’m working on fixing this issue for future posts. As for your last remark, neither do I, but I appreciate the fact that my work can pass as something from a writer.

-Jimmy

3. Dear Jimmy,

Your writing voice is communicated so well throughout this piece, you definitely illustrated your identity and type of person you are. Your level of introspect and the way it is presented in this About Me is remarkable.

To elevate this piece I would challenge you to use metaphors as a literary device and add a theme statement. I don’t necessarily mean write an essay rather utilize a theme statement and metaphors to bring unity and have a lasting impact on your reader.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Sincerely,
    Kemi

1. Dear Kemi,
      Thanks for the kind words and feedback, and its satisfying to see that you notice the goals of this “About me”. As for your growth feedback, I can understand using metaphors to strengthen my writing. However I’m unsure about using a theme statement in cases like this, as this kind of posts kinda feels like the theme is me, or my life. If you could clarify that would be great.
      Thanks for the feedback, and I’m sure I can take you up on your offer to help, as I’m sure I will have a lot of questions.

-Jimmy

4. Dear Jimmy,
    I absolutely loved reading your ‘about me’, and personally found it very engrossing. I liked the way you said “Enter my Life,” like as if you were welcoming us all, to experience some bits your life.And this phrase ” I’m too busy focusing on my own crap..”, is honestly such a mood.But overall you seem like a fun writer.
    Something I think you could work on with, would be reducing the amount of comas you use in few of your sentences.
    In general, it was great knowing you from your ‘about me’, and I am very excited to read your future posts.
    Sincerely,
    Dikshitha

1. Dear Dikshitha,
      Thanks for enjoying my post! Its good that you enjoyed that line, because I think I spent a good while coming up with it. As for your feedback, I have worked on not using as many commas in my work, and I hope it shows in the future.
      Thanks for reading,
      Jimmy